What You Can Make With A Can Of Pumpkin Puree
Here are Recipes for Something Savory and Something That Will Quench Your Thirst
Back in 2020, I made a variety of pumpkin food with just one 15 oz canned pumpkin puree. I even self-published the cookbook on Amazon. If you want to check it out, it’s called The Self-Love Quarantine 2020 Cookbook: Pumpkin Recipes for One.
Do you ever wondered what you can make with a canned pumpkin puree other than pumpkin pie? I’ll sharing 2 recipes from my self-published cookbook.
- Whole Wheat Pumpkin Pizza
Pizza Dough Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Pizza Topping Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- pumpkin pie spice
- 1 apple, finely diced
- shredded cheese
- turkey sausage
Before I give you the instructions, I wanted to point out that you will use 1 cup whole wheat flour for step #1 and set aside 1/4 cup whole wheat flour for steps #4 and #6. I also wanted to point out that you will use 1 teaspoon sugar in step #1 and 2 teaspoons sugar in step #2. Lastly, I wanted to emphasize that the water should be warm. It should not be too hot or you will kill the yeast.
- Mix the yeast, warm water, and 1 teaspoon sugar in one bowl. Let this mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
- Mix 1 cup flour, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons sugar in another bowl.
- Stir in yeast mixture in step #1 and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil into mixture in step #2.
- Knead the dough for about 5 minutes. Add…